Vicky and I have been pondering “The Big Questions”. Well, some of the big questions anyway… We couldn’t possibly ponder them all, that would just be exhausting.
What say you about these big questions?
1) What is the boundary between being compassionate towards someone and rescuing them? How do you maintain a giving approach in a relationship without losing yourself to the other person?
2) Solo travelers… Towards what? Away from what?
3) Does capitalism distract us from finding our life’s purpose? Does it lead us to a life where we desire to consume rather than develop ourselves? (I am aware that I wouldn’t be sitting here in London asking this question, developing myself, if I had not been an active participant in our capitalist society – ironic)
4) Are certain things “meant to be” or do we determine our own destinies? Is there a cosmic something out there weaving magical threads behind the scenes to produce certain events, encounters and outcomes in our lives? When there is a child with a debilitating disease, no one ever says, ‘that was meant to be’. As intelligent beings how can we really believe this concept to be true?
There are more questions – you knew we had more than four… Just wanted to give your brain a rest for a minute…
Here, check out some pictures of what we’ve been up to while pondering, questioning, contemplating and discussing…
Hello from London!
5) What is the relationship between ego strength and self-esteem?
6) Is it possible to ‘believe’ in a concept and still evolve? To what extent do our beliefs fix us in rigid and unbending mindsets?
7) Fake it till you make it – does this really work?
8) If someone is considered a rational thinker, does that mean they only make decisions based on logic and science? What about intuition, spirituality, emotions and other immeasurables?
Hmmm, eastern hemisphere on one side, western hemisphere on the other… Where shall I go next???
That’s all for now folks. I’m sure we had more questions, but I forgot them… LOL 🙂 Post your answers to the Big Questions if you feel up to it…